Add to Event is an award winning startup that has helped to find suppliers for over 100,000 events, ranging from birthday parties to large corporate events for the likes of The BBC, Accenture and JP Morgan. Our innovative marketplace makes it incredibly easy to find whatever you need for your event, from giant tipis to woodfired pizza caterers. But don’t just take our word for it, check out our Trustpilot Reviews.
As a front-end developer at Add to Event, you’ll be working within a talented team to build beautiful web applications used by hundreds of thousands of users.
You’ll be joining us at an exciting time, as we move away from a large monolith to service-oriented architecture. As part of this project, we’ll be rebuilding several front-end applications including our core marketplace, taking advantage of cutting-edge technologies to deliver a best in-class app for both event organisers and suppliers.
- Delivering complete front end applications
- Writing, testing and documenting code
- Working closely with the product team to establish requirements for new features
- Planning and estimating work and following through to delivery
- Creating self-contained, reusable, and testable modules and components
What we’re looking for
You should be looking for a new challenge where you’ll get to use your full-breadth of skills and have a hunger to learn all of the latest tools and techniques to help push our platform forward.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Considerable experience with Angular 2+, we are using 8!
- Experience writing e2e and unit tests
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- A dedication to quality
- Great communication skills
- Aptitude and desire to learn new technologies
- Ability to use Git in a team working environment
- Production experience integrating APIs with the frontend
- Knowledge of security best practices (e.g CSRF/XSS prevention)
Bonus points for:
- Knowledge of using StencilJS and/or building web components
- State management using NgRx
- Experience building PWAs
- NodeJS experience
- Previous experience working on marketplace apps
- Firebase or Google Cloud experience
- Fun, friendly office environment with regular team socials (and events of course)
- Free lunches every Friday (street food)
- Free access to fully equipped onsite gym with wellness classes
- High spec facilities with luxury showers and fresh towels provided
- Free access to onsite cinema with regular film and sport screenings
- Beautiful sun-trap terrace garden to enjoy lunches and afterwork drinks
- Office is also situated next door to the Mercato Metropolitano - one of the UK’s largest food markets which means dozens of incredible lunch options on our doorstep
- We’ll hook you up with a MacBook, screen and all required software on your first day
- Freedom to fully define the role and put in place your own working practices
PLEASE NOTE: Hiring for this role is currently paused due to the COVID-19 Pandemic. Please simply leave your contact details so we can get in touch once the role is active again, at which point you can make a full application.
Find out more about our company?
Head back over to the landing page to see more about our Company Mission and Job Opportunities, or visit our main website to see our product.