Add to Event is an award winning startup that has helped to find suppliers for over 100,000 events, ranging from birthday parties to large corporate events for the likes of The BBC, Accenture and JP Morgan. Our innovative marketplace makes it incredibly easy to find whatever you need for your event, from giant tipis to woodfired pizza caterers.
We're looking for a confident, ambitious product designer to help us stay on the cutting edge of the event services industry.
You will get the opportunity to work on real features, and UI concepts which will be put into production in front of thousands of live users. We work in agile sprints which are continuously running to improve our product and website, so familiarity with this approach would be a plus.
You'll be expected to take the lead on design in the company, and not be afraid of eventual management of junior designers, and heading up the expansion of our design team. You should have a good, strong understanding of latest UX and UI trends as well as the confidence to put these into practice, explaining your design thinking as you go.
As part of this role you will:
- Develop and design new UI concepts for new features within the Add to Event eco-system.
- Take top-level business instruction and direction, and use that to shape designs which align to the company roadmap.
- Create, iterate upon, and present designs to the wider team, as well as product managers and owners.
- Confidently challenge and assert design thinking as part of the creative process.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 2+ years design experience (or is very good at what they do), ideally in a product-focused business.
- A strong portfolio showcasing excellent visual design skills, with a firm base in logical, well-thought-out user experience.
- Flawless technical knowledge of Sketch and Invision.
- Knowledge of common best-practices, but the confidence to 'roll-their-own' solutions when the task calls for it.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Enjoys working in a 'hands-off', 'self-managed' manner.
Bonus Points For:
- Fun, friendly office environment with regular team socials (and events of course)
- Free lunches every Tuesday (team buffet) and Friday (street food)
- Free access to fully equipped onsite gym with wellness classes
- High spec facilities with luxury showers and fresh towels provided
- Free access to onsite cinema with regular film and sport screenings
- Beautiful sun-trap terrace garden to enjoy lunches and afterwork drinks
- Office is also situated next door to the Mercato Metropolitano - one of the UK’s largest food markets which means dozens of incredible lunch options on our doorstep
- We’ll hook you up with a MacBook, screen and all required software on your first day
- Freedom to fully define the role and put in place your own working practices
Find out more about our company?
Head back over to the landing page to see more about our Company Mission and Job Opportunities, or visit our main website to see our product.