Add to Event is an award winning startup on a mission to help revolutionise the events industry. We’ve helped find suppliers for over 100,000 events, ranging from 18th birthday parties to large corporate events for the likes of The BBC, Accenture and JP Morgan.Our innovative marketplace is home to over 20,000 businesses providing over 300 different event services across the UK.
As our first dedicated Dev Ops Engineer at Add to Event, you’ll be working within a talented team to build beautiful web applications used by hundreds of thousands of users. You’ll be joining us at an exciting time, as we move away from a large monolith to micro-service oriented architecture.
As part of this project, we’ll be rebuilding several back-end applications including our core marketplace, taking advantage of cutting-edge technologies to deliver a best in-class app for both event organisers and suppliers. The key focus of the role will be transforming technical requirements into an effective DevOps toolchain to enable repeatable, scalable and highly available micro-services.
- Transform technical requirements into an effective Dev Ops
- Working closely with the product team to establish requirements for new features
- Planning and estimating work and following through to delivery
- Provide coaching and mentoring to application development engineers
What we're looking for
You should be looking for a new challenge where you’ll get to use your full-breadth of skills and have a hunger to learn all of the latest tools and techniques to help push our platform forward.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Considerable experience architecting hard problems at scale.
- Aptitude and desire to learn new technologies.
- Hands-on experience of containerisation with Docker and deployment to Kubernetes
- Solid experience configuring CI and CD practices and tooling
- Experience with the realities of running a relational database at scale.
- Security conscious, knowledgeable of best practices around building secure applications
- Quality-led approach to development (TDD and BDD)
- Comfortable in a cloud computing environment
- Good knowledge of HTTP, SSL, proxies and web technologies in general
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Great communication skills
Bonus points for:
- Istio Experience
- Google Cloud experience
- Spinnaker experience
- NodeJS and/or Python development experience
- Fun, friendly office environment with regular team socials (and events of course)
- Free lunches every Friday (street food)
- Free access to fully equipped onsite gym with wellness classes
- High spec facilities with luxury showers and fresh towels provided
- Free access to onsite cinema with regular film and sport screenings
- Beautiful sun-trap terrace garden to enjoy lunches and afterwork drinks
- Office is also situated next door to the Mercato Metropolitano - one of the UK’s largest food markets which means dozens of incredible lunch options on our doorstep
- We’ll hook you up with a MacBook, screen and all required software on your first day
- Freedom to fully define the role and put in place your own working practices
PLEASE NOTE: Hiring for this role is currently paused due to the COVID-19 Pandemic. Please simply leave your contact details so we can get in touch once the role is active again, at which point you can make a full application.
Find out more about our company?
Head back over to the landing page to see more about our Company Mission and Job Opportunities, or visit our main website to see our product.