Add to Event is an award winning startup on a mission to help revolutionise the events industry. We’ve helped find suppliers for over 100,000 events, ranging from 18th birthday parties to large corporate events for the likes of The BBC, Accenture and JP Morgan.
Our innovative marketplace is home to over 15,000 businesses providing over 200 different event services across the UK. We’ve achieved this and continue to grow through an in-depth understanding of the needs and experiences of our organisers and suppliers. Data is crucial to this understanding.
We’re looking for a Data Scientist who can not only interpret and understand our data, but who can also use those insights to help discover new opportunities and drive change within the organisation.
This is Add to Event’s first dedicated data role and is an amazing opportunity to shape our strategy, practices and toolsets. After working with our tech team to create the optimum infrastructure for collecting and analysing data, you’ll work on a range of exciting projects within highly skilled and driven multi-disciplinary teams.
If you’re passionate and excited about being a key player in a rapidly growing team, then there couldn’t be a better time to be joining Add to Event.
As part of your role, you’ll:
- Take ownership over our data infrastructure
- Design, implement and launch experiments to rapidly optimise our platform
- Work with our tech team to develop algorithms and utilise machine learning to automate processes for both end users and internal teams
- Automate reporting across the business
- Train team members on data best practices
- Define and then hire roles to build out a complete data science team
- + lots of other exciting projects we can’t yet mention here
The right person
We’re looking for a curious, passionate and driven individual with a passion for using data to drive insights. Someone who can form the cornerstone of our data science understanding and push it forward.
You should apply if:
- What we’re doing here at Add to Event excites you!
- You’re a true problem solver - you love being presented with a business problem and using your skills to unpick it and find a solution
- You love to see the positive impact of your work on the company, product, users and your colleagues
- You have solid grounding in SQL and Python
- You have the experience to make smart decisions on tooling with a broad understanding of analytics tools and which are most suitable for any given product, budget and user base.
- Fun, friendly office environment with regular team socials (and events of course)
- Free lunches every Tuesday (team buffet) and Friday (street food)
- Free access to fully equipped onsite gym with wellness classes
- High spec facilities with luxury showers and fresh towels provided
- Free access to onsite cinema with regular film and sport screenings
- Beautiful sun-trap terrace garden to enjoy lunches and afterwork drinks
- Office is also situated next door to the Mercato Metropolitano - one of the UK’s largest food markets which means dozens of incredible lunch options on our doorstep
- We’ll hook you up with a MacBook, screen and all required software on your first day
- Freedom to fully define the role and put in place your own working practices
Find out more about our company?
Head back over to the landing page to see more about our Company Mission and Job Opportunities, or visit our main website to see our product.