Add to Event is an award winning startup that has helped to find suppliers for over 100,000 events, ranging from birthday parties to large corporate events for the likes of The BBC, Accenture and JP Morgan. Our innovative marketplace makes it incredibly easy to find whatever you need for your event, from giant tipis to woodfired pizza caterers.
You’ll be responsible for helping event suppliers to gain business through our platform. We have thousands of suppliers using our platform ranging from independent caterers to large entertainment agencies so you’ll need to be adaptable and able to build rapport with a range of different types of business owners.
Your job will be to help guide new businesses through each step of the process, from initial registration to becoming loyal users of our service. You’ll be provided with sophisticated systems for managing these interactions on a large scale and our development team will be on-hand to assist when needed.
We’ll expect you to take the lead when it comes to communication with suppliers at all levels, from email newsletters to dispute resolutions. As a result, you will be the voice of event suppliers within our organisation and our team will look to you to provide insights that will help to successfully shape the direction of the product and company.
On a typical day you might:
- Onboard a new customer that’s looking to grow their mobile pizza venture
- Carry out an account review with an audio visual company
- Congratulate a photographer on receiving their 100th booking
- Support a marquee owner who’s having difficulties with a customer
- Encourage a mobile bar provider to start using the system again
- Update our knowledge base to deliver faster answers to our suppliers
- Update the team with interesting insights you’ve gained
- Add a new article to our Pro Centre with tips and tricks on using a new feature
- Suggest a new product feature that suppliers would love
You should have excellent communication skills with a positive attitude and a passion for delivering exceptional customer service. You’ll be naturally patient and calm and enjoy helping people to overcome obstacles along their way to success.
You’ll enjoy working as part of a dynamic team and use the knowledge you gain from conversations with our customers to help improve the product and push the business forward. To really excel in this position you’ll take full ownership over Customer Success, constantly identifying ways to develop the role and maximise the impact it has on the business.
The key skills required include:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Ability to quickly build rapport – you should be able to easily engage our customers in conversations, understanding the issues they face and how Add to Event can help.
- Fast learner – you’ll be in a fast paced environment where you’ll need to be able to quickly absorb a lot of information.
- Goal oriented – you’ll need to relish the opportunity to help achieve and exceed targets
- Entrepreneurial and commercial mindset – to succeed in this role you’ll need to be driven to achieve your targets and be able to identify new ways to achieve those goals.
- Analytical – you should be comfortable processing customer data to segment and target users based on multiple criteria
Bonus points for:
- Previous experience in a customer services or sales role
- Knowledge of the events sector or previous involvement in planning events
- Experience in scaling a remote or in-house support team
- Competitive salary.
- Fun, friendly office environment with monthly team socials, buffet lunches and street food Fridays.
- Opportunity to work in a very product focused team where both founders have a deep understanding of how to build and promote online platforms.
- Freedom to fully define the role and put in place your own working practices.
Find out more about our company?
Head back over to the landing page to see more about our Company Mission and Job Opportunities, or visit our main website to see our product.