Add to Event is an award winning startup that has helped to find suppliers for over 100,000 events, ranging from birthday parties to large corporate events for the likes of The BBC, Accenture and JP Morgan. Our innovative marketplace makes it incredibly easy to find whatever you need for your event, from giant tipis to woodfired pizza caterers. But don’t just take our word for it, check out our Trustpilot Reviews.
As a back-end developer at Add to Event, you’ll be working within a talented team to build beautiful web applications used by hundreds of thousands of users.
You’ll be joining us at an exciting time, as we move away from a large monolith to microservice oriented architecture. As part of this project, we’ll be rebuilding several back-end applications including our core marketplace, taking advantage of cutting-edge technologies to deliver a best in-class app for both event organisers and suppliers.
The key focus of the role will be working as part of a multi-disciplinary team to research and write microservices at the heart of the companies ecosystem, a challenging but exciting job.
You'll have an opportunity to grow your skills utilising the latest in cloud computing such as serverless and managed cloud services.
- Delivering complete back end microservices
- Writing, testing and documenting code
- Working closely with the product team to establish requirements for new features
- Planning and estimating work and following through to delivery
What we’re looking for
You should be looking for a new challenge where you’ll get to use your full-breadth of skills and have a hunger to learn all of the latest tools and techniques to help push our platform forward.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Considerable experience writing self-contained, reusable, and testable modules and components in node.js
- Aptitude and desire to learn new technologies.
- Docker knowledge
- Experience with Git and CI processes
- Experience working with and defining Rest APIs
- SQL & NoSQL databases
- Security conscious, knowledgeable of best practices around building secure applications
- Quality-led approach to development (TDD and BDD)
- Comfortable in a cloud computing environment
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Great communication skills
Bonus points for:
- Previous experience working on marketplace apps
- Firebase or Google Cloud experience
- Kubernetes experience
- Fun, friendly office environment with regular team socials (and events of course)
- Free lunches every Tuesday (team buffet) and Friday (street food)
- Free access to fully equipped onsite gym with wellness classes
- High spec facilities with luxury showers and fresh towels provided
- Free access to onsite cinema with regular film and sport screenings
- Beautiful sun-trap terrace garden to enjoy lunches and afterwork drinks
- Office is also situated next door to the Mercato Metropolitano - one of the UK’s largest food markets which means dozens of incredible lunch options on our doorstep
- We’ll hook you up with a MacBook, screen and all required software on your first day
- Freedom to fully define the role and put in place your own working practices
Find out more about our company?
Head back over to the landing page to see more about our Company Mission and Job Opportunities, or visit our main website to see our product.